| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,473 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 67 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 67 | Hey-
Why are 3/4 ton 47-54 Chevy PU rear bumper brackets different?
1) Can I use regular 1/2 ton bumper brackets or do I need to buy the more Expensive 3/4 ton brackets.
2) Are the bumper bolt holes different?
3) Why did they make the 3/4 ton brackets differently?
Last edited by ronusny; 05/30/2020 7:48 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,286 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,286 | Frame is narrow in the rear of the 3/4 ton than the 1/2 ton.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 559 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 559 | Yea I too had that dilemma with my rear bumper brackets on my gmc 150. The rear of the 3/4 ton frames are definitely spaced closer together than the 1/2tons. I found a original pair in good shape on ebay. Good thing too because I hate bolting on “new” parts. 🤣 | | |
| |
| |