My current project just yesterday threw me a curve ball. The tires on the rims set in the back of a barn for 24 years. The inside of rims are too far rusted to safely use at highway speed. Does ANYONE know where I can get good used 16" 3 1/2 or 4" wide 47 thru 55.1 rims? Salvage yards have nothing in this area. Gone are the days of finding any parts in barn yards. Doc.
Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Hey guys, once again thanks for the help but, I still have a problem. I need the old type of wheel that had the nick name "artillery wheels", used on the 1947 thru 1959 Chevy 1/2 ton. This type of wheel had clips to mount the small logo hub cap. I believe that these 16" wheels were discontinued in 1955.1. I will make a post in Items wanted thread with specific details. Doc.
Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Oh....bless your heart! The picture on the far left is the type I need. I'm a little timid in posting my Email address to anyone outside of The Stovebolt people. I saw the warning posted. I need four and hopefully a Stovebolter will have some. Thanks again. Ed
Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Doc Hall I believe I have the wheels you are looking for. How many do you need? I will try to post pictures in the daylight tomorrow. I'm in NJ so not certain how to get them to Florida for you.
Doc Hall I have a picture of the wheels you may be looking for but haven't figured out how to post it yet. Please let me know if you are still looking. If so I will seek advice on posting pictures. Thanks Frank