| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
12 members (TUTS 59, TexasJim50, Jay R, TooMany2count, amtrakjoe, Hotrod Lincoln, cmayna, Woogeroo, Rusty Heaps, Otto Skorzeny, 2 invisible),
93
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,411 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 126 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 126 | Any info or pics on hot built 235's for the big trucks/coe?  | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | Cajun, Maybe post in the big bolt section. Do you have a 235? A 235 is a good engine, a 261 is a better one. I'm not suggesting going the v-8 route, but it may provide you with more hp cheaper than a 6 cylinder.
A 235 can be built to put out 200 HP. Usually you will use lighter, higher compression pistons, a hotter cam, a dual or tripple carb set-up... 1 4bbl works well too, headers, and electronic ignition. Ballancing is reccomended, and additional headwork may be in order. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 126 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 126 | Thanks for the direction to the big bolt section. However I do like to take the more challenging roads than the obvious easy roads. I appreciate the information on the six cylanders. Last but not least, yes I have a 235 in the truck I just purchased. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | Cajun, A man after my own heart. Welcome to the bolt. I'm sure you have already found this site, but in case you haven't lots of cool pics. http://www.classiccoe.com/oldcoetrucks/COETrucks.html | | |
| |
| |