Where can I find a diagram or picture that identifies the terminals on a 1959 6 cylinder ignition switch? I know I can remove the switch and wire terminals to identify them, but I'm trying to avoid removing the switch again. Thanks
This may help. It's for a 55 2nd series, but I'll bet it's very similar. Wiring diagram
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Thanks for trying to help. However, what I'm trying to find is a diagram or picture of the terminal locations on the back of the switch. My eyesight isn't that great and I cannot read the tiny, faint lettering on the switch. It is a foot start, as are all six cylinder TF trucks. Only the V8s are key start.
If your ignition switch has three positions (on, off, momentary start), the switch is the same as I posted (attaching an enlarged version.) If it's only 2 positions, it will have just the three terminals that bartamos mentioned, one battery, and two switched terminals both on at the same time. If it's three position and you have a foot start, it may just not have the start terminal wired. Hope that helps.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.