The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (BC59, 5cameo8, crenwelge, Paul_WNC), 128 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,373
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 2
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 2
I'm getting a 1951 3600 put back together - when I purchased it the bed was in pieces. I'm trying to put the pieces back together.
I have the front cross sill, three centers cross sills and the rear cross sill. I see there should be a pad and a block under each sill (on each side), however is the block the same height on all the sills? It looks like the rear sill should have the shortest (if any block). What are the block heights?

Also one of my center sills has brackets welded on the ends - is that from the factory? Does that sill go in a particular location?

Any advice on getting the bed assembled and installed is much appreciated.
Attachments
front and center sill.jpg (55.12 KB, 133 downloads)
front and center sill
rear.jpg (77.91 KB, 133 downloads)

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Go to Mar-K.com. They have detailed measurements and instructions on the website.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,195
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,195
Check out this thread. There are links to pictures that you may find helpful....
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...sembly-and-installation.html#Post1310333


Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 406
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 406
Yes, there should be a wood block under each cross sill that has a bed to frame bolt except the rear sill, which sits directly on the end of the frame.

Originally Posted by gterhorst
I'm getting a 1951 3600 put back together
Also one of my center sills has brackets welded on the ends - is that from the factory? Does that sill go in a particular location?
That cross sill with the brackets is the second from front. You will see the extra holes in your bedside and angle strip where that bracket attaches.

Good luck with the project

Mar-Ktech

Last edited by Mar-Ktech; 03/27/2020 4:06 PM. Reason: errors in original post

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0