Maybe someone will know what this is; I found it at Jim's Vintage Auto. Not sure of the year, but the data plate says it's 140hp, which it would make it the GMC 360 inline. The literature I've seen says it'd have come with a Clark 285V or VO 5-speed. It does look like a Clark, and the motor is complete, looks like. Jim said he'd take $600 for the engine and trans; I'm tempted, but because the truck is pretty far gone I can't do much with it. But that engine is pretty neat and there's few of them still out there. Make a fun side project, getting it to run on a stand! No idea what I'd do with it, but...
Jim says a few immigrants used to use it years ago to haul hay, but they parked it and we're going to scrap it out rather than drive it back to Mexico. He offered scrap price for it, and here it has sat for 30+ years.
Any info you guys can share about the truck, parts availability/where to get, and such would be much appreciated. Not interested in the truck itself, but the drivetrain.
If a 'truck' is only used to haul butts to the mall, then it's not a truck - it's a car with a roadster trunk.
Old, rusty and ugly - might be me or my fleet. You decide!
Ed, that engine looks a lot better than it did when I was working on it! Good job of cleaning it up! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!