The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Opelika Tom, fonz8261, klhansen, TooMany2count, CandoBrent), 95 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,077
Posts1,056,281
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
I'm about to get my rebuilt 235 in my truck. I fought with the Offy 2x intake and two Holley/Webers before and I've decided to go with the stock intake and one carb. Of course, nothing lines up. What are your ideas on:

1. Orientation of carb to intake. I was thinking of having the accelerator mechanism on the valve cover side.

2. I have the aluminum adaptor from single to 2bbl installed. Do I also need the black block that goes between the intake and the carb?

3. Does anyone have a solution to make the stock accelerator arms work with this setup?


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
I'm doing exactly what you described right now. Tom Langdon says that the fuel bowl should be in the front so it does not starve for gas when cornering. When I get it all together tomorrow, I'll snap some pics for ya. That is, if it works. grin Have you got the linkage kit for it?

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
I just left the Langdon site where I ordered the single carb linkage. Does it work ok? Thanks for the picture offer. That should help.

Are you using the stock intake with headers? If so, are you going to heat the intake? Water or exhaust?


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
I have the single setup Holley/Weber 5200 setup on my truck. Have pictures of Tom Langdon's trick linkage kit and the orientation of the carb, adaptor, and linkage on my website.

The H/W setup worked flawlessly....linkage was slick and the whole setup very reasonable. His linkage sells for $35.00 with everything you need except return springs. Hope this helps!!!

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0