Hoping someone on here will recognize this grille guard and be able to I.D. what years it was sold and what model stovebolt it was made for? Also, was this a GM accessory or aftermarket brand like DIVCO? Was the "C" in the center of the Bowtie always there or added later? Any knowledgeable input would be helpful - Thanks, Steve in Sweet Home Alabama
It was indeed a Dealer Accessory, for 47-53 Chevrolet Medium Duty trucks. There was a smaller version available for the light duty trucks. I've owned three of them. I sold the one I had on my 53 Chevy COE Wrecker, to someone on here, several years ago.
Spanky Hardy Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers
Spanky--can you provide a photo or two of the smaller version that was available for the light duty trucks? Was it a painted? Thanks for any information that you can share. LUKE
It was indeed a Dealer Accessory, for 47-53 Chevrolet Medium Duty trucks. There was a smaller version available for the light duty trucks. I've owned three of them, just like this one. I sold the one I had on my 53 Chevy COE Wrecker, to someone on here, several years ago.
Studying the design of the one I found, I believe I have the one for 1/2 to 1 ton light duty trucks because of the distance from the top of the bumper to where this ones' headlight rings are located - hoping someone can find a photo of one actually on a truck