| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
149
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 95 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 95 | I’ve got a 47 Chevy one ton panel. I posted some time ago about a rear differential guts swap to help ease strain on the engine and be able to highway drive the truck on occasion. I read through the articles forwarded to me from fellow bolters and started a search for the correct differential. I have found one from a 1968 Chevy 3/4 ton. Now, I’m not as savvy on gear ratios as many other gear heads, so I’m seeking advice about the parts I found to see if they will work before I commit. The part # is GM 3817778. 11:41. Was told to divide 41 by 11 to get a value and it comes to 373. The gears are in very good shape and the price is right. I just don’t want to end up with a boat anchor instead of a smoother ride.... I appreciate any advice! Thanks, David
1949 Chev 3800
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | David, you would be wise to move this post over to the driveline forum. I helped do this swap several years ago, fairly easy. Can't answer definitively your question. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 | David, Have you read our Tech Tip on this subject? Hopefully, you will find it helpful. The pictures in it were from the project Leo helped on, I think ... ? The article should help you figure out if the one you have is the one you are looking for or not. The actual switch is pretty easy and can be done in a couple of hours and without having to jack the truck up. Regards, John
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 95 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 95 | Yes that’s the article I have referred to . Great information. I just found out that the diff I found won’t work, so back to the hunt... Thanks John!
1949 Chev 3800
| | |
| |
| |