| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (baldeagle, Southerntruck, Hanks custodian, Woodcmiami, J Lucas, Rusty Shackleford, TooMany2count),
79
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,398 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 6 | OK, call me crazy but I'm stuffing a 6.2 diesel into my '61 Suburban. To make it even more interesting, it's being converted to run on waste veggie oil. Hey, 25 mpg on what's essentially free fuel is something I had to try out... Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the engine mounts on the 6.2 are the same as on a SBC. I've heard of a guy who swapped a 6.2 into a '77 Corvette and claimed nothing had to be changed. My Suburban has a 500 Caddy motor in it now so I'm assuming stuff will have to be changed anyway but I'm trying to determine just how different the 6.2 will be from all the available SBC stuff. Any help appreciated. Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,223 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,223 | I know in our school buses at work, the GM vans all had the same frame and crossmembers. We had a few small blocks but mostly 6.2's. It shouldn't be much different, I had a few of them out but don't recall what the motor mounts looked like. You go to NAPA and look at the mounts if the counter guys will let you. I might help, Joe. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 252 | Heres a little info that may help you, as I was contemplating sticking one of my spare 6.2's into my '68 C-10. The mounting points on the 6.2 correspond to the points on a BBC. In the later trucks that they came in from the factory, they used the BBC mounts (the "clamshell" that mounts to the side of the motor, and the rubber/steele shell that is mounted to the perch mount on the frame). It would be an easy enough setup to do on a '63-up truck. I havent considered what it would take to do on a torsion bar '61 frame, but it couldnt be too difficult. I'd start with the perches from a '73-'87 truck, get them in the right place on the frame, the rest should be fairly straitforward. Let us know how this works out. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 | unless you already have the 6.2, i'd recommend the 6.5...
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | |
| |
| |