| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2020 Posts: 71 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2020 Posts: 71 | I need to purchase new tires. Was wondering if 15x8 wheels and 255/70R15 tires will fit on the truck alright. It's original height. I want tires the tires to look a little beefier than the way the originals sit.
"The greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it" ~ William James
'25 Chevy Superior '66 Chevy C10 '03 Chevy Silverado 1500 HD
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2019 Posts: 117 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2019 Posts: 117 | For overall looks and handling I prefer 15 x 7 with 235/75R15. The 15 x 8 wheels might interfere with the suspension and the 70 series tires might alter your overall gear ratio, lowing it. Since you posted your question in the '60-66 topic I would assume that your truck falls within that year range, therefore it most likely does not have power steering and gearing that would be normal for 670 x 15 tires, which are in the 28" range, very close to the 235/75R15 tires. I have 235/75R15 on 5 lug alloy wheels on 3.42 10 bolt GM rear end in my '64 C10, trk drives great. Wm. | | |
| |
| |