Good morning Fellas, Anyone happen to know the size or sizes of the factory brake lines on a 57 6100? I am about to pick up a flaring tool online, I wanted to make sure it covered the sizes on the truck. If you have a preference on a flaring tool, I wouldn't mind hearing that as well. I was looking at the eastwood or KGR or K-Tool version of the eastwood tool. Thanks
Hy Wvgearhead, I believe the metal lines are 1/4", most flaring tool sets provide dies up to 3/8". Generally the more expensive the tool the better the quality, double lap flares can be tricky to do properly, good luck with your project.
Avoid the chineesium copies. A friend bought one from HF that was a copy of one I have had for 30 years made by Snap-On. His would not work, always crooked no matter what we did, mine works fine and did the job after he gave up. Loose pivots and loose tolerances are death to a tool like that. Imperial-Eastman has several versions, they have been in business for a very long time and seem to make good stuff. You probably already know that you will need a DOUBLE flare tool, not single.
Mac :{)
1962 K10 short step side, much modified for rally 1969 T50 fire truck, almost nos, needs a few things