The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (55shaker, Woodcmiami, Rusted Nut, Gdads51, CuzzFuzz, Still At It, 1 invisible), 156 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,138
Posts1,056,441
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
3-14-20 Update:

Regrettably 2020 Stovebolt Homecoming has been called off in light of the recent and ongoing Covid-19 developments.


This was not an easy call to make as we have been looking forward to this event for near 11 months. We also realize that much planning and prep has taken place both here and by all of you intending to attend.

We will miss seeing everyone this year.

Stay safe and healthy,
Grigg and the Lexington crew





Please be advised:

Homecoming will return to the Lexington Virginia area for 2020.
April 16-19


Tentative schedule:
Thursday April 16th, donuts, road trip to BBQ lunch, and long sight seeing trip planned. Possibly book a special event at the local drive in movie theater and see a movie of our choice.
Friday traditional homecoming activities.
Saturday continuation of traditional homecoming activities.
Sunday 19th Farewell breakfast.

Early arrivals welcome after 5:00 pm Wednesday April 15th (no meals provided on site Wednesday)

Stay tuned for further discussions, official registration form, and details to come in early March.
In the meantime, ready your trucks, save the dates, and don't worry about the details of homecoming.

Looking forward to seeing Stovebolters new and old in April,
Grigg

Last edited by Grigg; 03/14/2020 2:05 PM.

•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,600
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,600
Thanks Grigg!!
I'll start planning the trip next week.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Since I am going to try and go this year I thought I might search the area for a Plymouth. But this was the only thing I found.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Thank you Grigg. Can't wait!


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Griggs have got me thinking how many times can you renew a bucketlist my wife says just do it so I do what I’m told have enjoyed every homecoming


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
👍

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Thanks for setting the date, I'm in!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
I’m in!


~ Jim Schmidt, Bucks County, PA
1953 Chevrolet 3804 1-ton
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
Can someone who lives three miles from Independence , VA in North Cackalaki attend?


1963 Chevy C-10 Fleetside
1970 C-30 Dump Truck
2025 Silverado High Country 2500 Diesel
2012 Indian Chief Vintage serial #002 motorcycle
1946 Indian Chief, 1947 Indian Chief w/sidecar,2014 Indian Chieftain, 2015 Indian Scout


Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 154
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 154
Sounds great, thanks Grigg

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Originally Posted by 63 C-10 Carolina Fleetside
Can someone who lives three miles from Independence , VA in North Cackalaki attend?

The group has members from Canada, Australia, Missouri, and many other places. I have never heard of them turning anyone down. I’m trying to attend and bring my truck from TX this year.

Chris

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
I do most of my business in VA. I belong to the VFW over there. Diesel is cheaper. Nice place. My wife is from New Zealand, I should get on with the Aussies!

Last edited by 63 C-10 Carolina Fleetside; 01/13/2020 12:18 AM.

1963 Chevy C-10 Fleetside
1970 C-30 Dump Truck
2025 Silverado High Country 2500 Diesel
2012 Indian Chief Vintage serial #002 motorcycle
1946 Indian Chief, 1947 Indian Chief w/sidecar,2014 Indian Chieftain, 2015 Indian Scout


Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
As the date gets closer, stay tuned to this forum. We try to put together a convoy of as many folks as we can from points south of the Homecoming location to ride together.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,600
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,600
The LDT (Long Distance Team) has started planning the trip.
Let us know if you need something from Texas, Iowa, Missouri or even from Down Under.

It's too soon to say what will happen, but I plan on being there!
Don

Last edited by 2-Ton; 01/13/2020 1:03 AM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Some of y’all are misunderstanding the Stovebolt Homecoming.

It is a Stovebolt gathering open to all Stovebolters.
Certainly not limited to any particular group or geographic area.


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Thanks Grigg for making us all welcome and definitely a weekend that will be memories and friendships are forged just like at Friendship Forrest where it all started have leave pass in


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 138
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 138
Great! I’m planning on taking the 46 halfton on the longest trip it’s seen in decades!

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406

I hope to have My truck back together in time to attend, at this moment I'm typing with one hand and lifting the motor back into place with the other.


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Heck, my truck is still in pieces, but I might even consider attending sans truck.
It's been ages since I've been in VA. Last time was in 1972, just passing thru between MD and GA when I was working for Uncle Sam and wearing an odd looking suit. It looked to me like that northern line on the map posted, when extended would pass north of me up here in Alaska. wink


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
If your buddy Tim attends, he'd beat me out on the longest distance traveled, but oh well.
LDT? Got me. ohwell
on edit: LDT - Long Distance Team. Is there a minimum distance requirement? 40 yards? Maybe 100 miles? Further?

Last edited by klhansen; 01/13/2020 11:10 PM.

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Only 70 hrs driving time. But I just did a 12,500 mile,47 day road trip this past spring, and boy was my a$$ tired. wink I doubt that Aussie will be standing by the road along that route, but if he was holding up a Stovebolt sign, I'd pick him up.
12hrs+ flying is much better. smile
We'll have to see if I can work it in.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Originally Posted by 2-Ton
Come on down Kevin! You can be in charge of keeping the LDT in line.
There may also be an Aussie fly in for the event.
Anybody know what the requirement is to be a LDT member?

Don

If it takes more than a six pack, I would consider it LDT!

Chris

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
16 hours Sydney to Dallas on Airbus 380 it was 19 hrs on 747 Boeing


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Tim,

Why not fly closer instead of flying and then driving? (Not that we don’t enjoy your company)

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Road trip makes the trip more enjoyable and I get to see a lot more


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406

Any one from or flying into the Toronto area has a seat with Me for the adventure south ..
No tools required , I got lots .

John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Um, this thread was for Grigg to announce the date. Feel free to start new threads wink

Also, I know we all love to hijack, but when Grigg starts another thread in a few months about details, schedules, etc, let's keep the off topic chatter to a minimum in that one, okay?

Thanks!


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Panel,

You are a tool... just not very shiny! 🤣

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
It is always a great time with all of our gatherings ! Looking forward to it !!


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Hey guys, if I can get out there would anyone be willing to cruise down with a couple of trucks to pick up my 93 year old grandfather with me? It’s about a 2 hr 15 min drive (about 1 hour each way). It’s just a thought since I’m trying to figure out how to pick him up.

Chris

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
Chrome don't get you home smile


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
V
New Guy
New Guy
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
This is awesome! I had no Idea this was so close to me!

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
I wish I could. 😒. Everyone have a great time.


Professional Novice
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Viking, I have a cousin that lives just up the, 81, from you and no I am not going to ask if you know him. I am an Indiana transplant pre-teen years and most of my relatives are from West Virginia. I wish I lived that close. I have been a couple of times.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Originally Posted by klhansen
Heck, my truck is still in pieces, but I might even consider attending sans truck.
It's been ages since I've been in VA. Last time was in 1972, just passing thru between MD and GA when I was working for Uncle Sam and wearing an odd looking suit. It looked to me like that northern line on the map posted, when extended would pass north of me up here in Alaska. wink
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pass on attending. Maybe next year. frown


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Please see lead post with the unfortunate news regarding Covid-19 and this event.


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0