The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gray_Ghost), 77 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,358
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1339547 12/29/2019 1:50 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 464
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 464
When I acquired my 49 AD the fellow gave me what was left in the gallon can that was used when the truck was painted. I have gone on Shop-Lines website and did a search for some of the numbers on the side of the can that I can make out and nothing comes up. I was told the color is called Bright Red. I'd like to get some touch up paint made up this Spring but not sure of the number to tell the paint shop. Never had much luck when they use their little hand held scanner to check the paint color against their database.
Attachments
20191229_074312.jpg (40.25 KB, 107 downloads)
20191229_074322.jpg (49.31 KB, 106 downloads)


"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem"
1949 5 Window 3100
Follow in the DITY
Veteran of the USAF
My Website
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 473
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 473
It showing PPG Industries. Try their website.?

Joined: May 2016
Posts: 268
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 268
I believe the WA7475 number is the factory gm paint code


1949 gmc 1-ton
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 268
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 268
My search shows that number for a 91 gmc color bright red


1949 gmc 1-ton
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 464
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 464
Think I may have found it. Looks like that color was used for a lot of years. Thanks fellows.

https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?ppg=3464

Last edited by olezippi; 12/29/2019 2:46 PM.

"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem"
1949 5 Window 3100
Follow in the DITY
Veteran of the USAF
My Website

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0