The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Peggy M, Shade Baby, Gray_Ghost, NorthCoast3800), 130 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,321
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1338606 12/21/2019 7:16 PM
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 8
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 8
So I want to convert to disc brakes on my 46 1/2 ton and retain the 6 lug wheel. Plan on buying the 6 lug setup. Rear will be the stock drum brakes I want to put a master cylinder in the stock location. The stock pedals from what I see is 4.3:1. I bought a universal Chevy 1 inch bore master cylinder and planned on making a bracket to fit the stock location without modifing the original bracket. Has anyone attempted this in the past? Any issues with this setup?

Attached is a pic up the mock-up/templates. Plan to use the stock holes to mount bracket
Attachments
KIMG0918.jpg (363.11 KB, 87 downloads)
KIMG0917.jpg (399.72 KB, 85 downloads)

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
I did something on my 46 very similar to what you propose. I used a different MC but the bracket I built should work in your situation. Shoot me an email and I can send you a short write-up and a bunch of pictures of what i did.

George
[email protected]


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0