The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (papas52, Otto Skorzeny, Lightholder's Dad, Millenimech), 167 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,266
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#133421 12/12/2005 3:49 AM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
Does anyone know a manufacture of a dropped axle for a 37,I have found them for 47 and up but nothing for the 46 on back. I was considering a IFS but if I could find a dropped axle that would work. Jeff

#133422 12/12/2005 4:38 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 49
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 49
Im in the same boat as you man! I got a 38. I don't think Im ready for a IFS swap. If you want to just drop your axle, you can use lift/lowering blocks.

#133424 12/12/2005 5:33 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 82
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 82
Contact Mor-Drop Axle in Oakland CA. They have been dropping axles since the '50's


1949 chev 3100 3 window. 350hp/327/m21 4 spd, 12 bolt rear, power brakes, 3" dropped axle from Sid's. Disc brakes next.
#133425 12/12/2005 5:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 49
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 49
jeff, Speed had mentioned something about converting to tapered wheel bearings on our axles. I never did get to the bottom of it. Perhaps before you get your axle dropped, you may want to consider changing to one with tapered bearings.

Like I said, Unfortunitly, I don't have any concrete info on this,

#133426 12/16/2005 5:06 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 113
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 113
I had these guys drop my axle for my 48. They do a great job.

-Rich

http://www.roadsters.com/axles/


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0