| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,246 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 | Does anyone know a manufacture of a dropped axle for a 37,I have found them for 47 and up but nothing for the 46 on back. I was considering a IFS but if I could find a dropped axle that would work. Jeff | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 49 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 49 | Im in the same boat as you man! I got a 38. I don't think Im ready for a IFS swap. If you want to just drop your axle, you can use lift/lowering blocks. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 82 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2005 Posts: 82 | Contact Mor-Drop Axle in Oakland CA. They have been dropping axles since the '50's
1949 chev 3100 3 window. 350hp/327/m21 4 spd, 12 bolt rear, power brakes, 3" dropped axle from Sid's. Disc brakes next.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 49 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 49 | jeff, Speed had mentioned something about converting to tapered wheel bearings on our axles. I never did get to the bottom of it. Perhaps before you get your axle dropped, you may want to consider changing to one with tapered bearings.
Like I said, Unfortunitly, I don't have any concrete info on this, | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 113 Member | | Member Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 113 | I had these guys drop my axle for my 48. They do a great job. -Rich http://www.roadsters.com/axles/ | | |
| |
| |