The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Woodcmiami, Bill Hanlon, 2-Ton), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,258
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11
Hello everyone, my first post here. Anyways, I just got a 56 truck and need to learn about the suspension, and my options. IM pretty well set in the front, going to get the 3in drop axle, what else is needed in the front when I do this. Would like to pretty much rebuild the front keeping the solid front axle.
Also, the rear, how are you guys lowering these, flip the springs? Would like to rebuild the rear suspension as well.
Thanks in advance for any and all information.


-Robb
56' 3100
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
I have the 55 2nd series which is like your 56.,I went with M2 front suspension.For the rear I took about 4 leaves out of the springs.Flipping the rear is a better idea.I bought a new setup for the rear of mine,but havent installed it yet.I got it from TCI,new 5 leaf springs,mounts,shocks,etc.Also spring perches to flip the rearend.I am planning on installing it this winter.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11
does anyone make a rear spring flip kit?


-Robb
56' 3100
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 148
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 148
brothers has one


2003 ford lightning
1959 chevy 36

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0