The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, Still At It), 159 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,268
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406

Sorry to disappoint you , but its John here with the one ton panel .
But I will touch base with Leo to see if he's interested in joining me.

Man , I had one feeling left !!!


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
Originally Posted by 53 green 1- ton
Oh, your right, Don!
Wishful thinking on my part!
Jim
No worries Jim, panel fan is worth his weight in entertainment value. smile
I would also like to see Leo, especially if he drove the Beaumont! (He sold his panel.)


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Don't think I can make it, But just wondering how the food situation works?
And John, you have been to at least two Homecomings, see if you can drag Leo down with you.
Also don't forget the Reunion in two weeks!

Don

Last edited by 2-Ton; 08/25/2019 8:51 PM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
Yeah, I’m embarrassed John!
Jumped to conclusions. Seen your handle, panel, and Canada and put 2 + 2 together and came up with 3.
Still glad to see you again, looks like a good stovebolt showing.
Jim


~ Jim Schmidt, Bucks County, PA
1953 Chevrolet 3804 1-ton
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406


we have the same problem up here with that metric math .!!!! 2 + 2 can be anything .


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Don, worry not, just like all of our other Stovebolt adventures, no one goes away hungry!!
There should be plenty to eat.

There are discussions taking place as I speak, putting together this years food situation.

Another reminder to all attending. When you register, make sure you pruchase a ticket to Friday nights dinner put on by the Ruritan's right there at the fairgrounds. The food is delicious and the money raised also goes to charity.

Other meals and eats will be informally formalized when it happens ohwell

CC
harumph



~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406


Don , I plan on making Winchester but after that the truck will need some tlc. I've managed to do 5,500 miles so far this year and about 18,000 over the last 4 years and its started smoking out the pipe on compression , I think I've finally warn this thing out !
I've had a rebuilt motor and and assorted other parts for years but figured if the truck would start and go I should follow suite. I figure I should get the truck running as good as possible as I understand the next spring reunion will be held at Tim's , in Australia !!!!??


John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Thanks Billy, I figured you would have everything planned out.
It's really a small chance I'll be there, but if mikec4193 wants to buy the 48, he's in NY state and I just might make a road trip.
Stop by Winchester on the way there.
Won't know till after the Reunion in KC.

John
Think we can get a group rate to fly to New Castle Australia?
Tim has a Holiday house at Nelson Bay and I'm sure he and Karen would be a great hosts!

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
You would all be more than welcome nice time any time and we don’t eat kangaroo all the time


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 154
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 154
You do have an OUTBACK ? Had to ask,Pat

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406

Don't think we could get all the trucks on a plane , would have to go by boat..

John is that Criss Craft available ??


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Tim told me Kangaroo's are thicker than deer here in the states!.
Probably taste about the same?

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Tastes like chicken. nanner


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Panelfan -- Sure! I'll take you to Australia. We might even make it there. I think I'd rather have a Peterborough cedar strip runabout, though... smile


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406


Nothing personal John , But I think that would require paddling and that's to close to exercise not to mention slow. I'm out!

Hope to see you in Winchester !

John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
You get a tailwind one direction


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Better flap those arms harder TPR!

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
2 weeks away gentleman.
Should we do a head count/list of folks attending?


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
Me nanner


~ Jim Schmidt, Bucks County, PA
1953 Chevrolet 3804 1-ton
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Me too nanner nanner

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Me three nanner nanner nanner

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Me additionally

I've always liked bananas, because they have a peel...

Last edited by Grigg; 09/11/2019 6:23 PM. Reason: update

•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
Grigg,
We had something going here, go and edit, and add the nanner.


~ Jim Schmidt, Bucks County, PA
1953 Chevrolet 3804 1-ton
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
According to the docket, there will be a bonfire of proceedings, therefore the SAA is Nanner, Nanner,nanner,nanner,nanner!


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
I'm coming/going, but probably can't make it till Friday. nanner nanner chug


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
I'll be there!


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 154
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 154
nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner hope that's right

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Way to go Pat! thumbs_up eeeek

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Pat, I don't think your banana count is correct -- We all know you're new to these proceedings but ... normally, we'd let you slip with a gentle warning. However, we here in the ODSS hold ourselves to a higher standard when it comes to the Nanner Nanner Nanner. We take our bananas very seriously and thus we cannot let our standard start down that slippery slope to moral turpitude. Just fair warning, but I will come at you with everything I have. Prepare to defend your math at the formal Board of Discipline. Be advised, if you cannot afford legal counsel, one will be provided (as long as he has enough time aside from preparing his own defense ...). Maybe Mike B will do it, seeing as how he's a big fan of yours ... however, the last time I went toe to toe with him in the ODSS courtroom, I disassembled him like a cheap clock and his client is still serving (community service -- cleaning beaver cages for Carl ...).

SAA -- Add Pat to the docket!

V/R
JM
ODSS Attorney General/Special Prosecutor/Grand Inquisitor/Pooh Bah/Etc.


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
I lost count. Count me in.


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
Mr Milliman Sir!
I do believe Pat’s, Nanner count is correct sir! I did double check the calculations and came up with the same results. Luckily it was under 10 because that all of the fingers I have. At this time time, I formally request these charges be dropped.
Sincerely your fellow 1-Tonner!
Jim


~ Jim Schmidt, Bucks County, PA
1953 Chevrolet 3804 1-ton
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
I'm in
John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 154
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 154
Dear Sir , not wanting to drag my good friend Mike B thru the mud, I am perfectly prepared to defend my math in any court of my peers,if that's possible at this point, Looking forward to resolving this matter and clearing my good name, Sincerely Pat66

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
Originally Posted by 53 green 1- ton
Mr Milliman Sir!
I do believe Pat’s, Nanner count is correct sir! I did double check the calculations and came up with the same results. Luckily it was under 10 because that all of the fingers I have. At this time time, I formally request these charges be dropped.
Sincerely your fellow 1-Tonner!
Jim
NO, JIM, NO! I place myself at great risk to tell you this, but let sleeping dogs lie. From a phrase originated by Chaucer around 1380 in Troilus and Criseyde, 'It is nought good a slepyng (not a misspell) hound to wake'
Think not, for even a moment that the accuser of Pat's misfeasance is unaware of this. He is well-read, and at times can be a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition when challenged, and on occasion, when not.



bartamos ( smile )

Last edited by 52Carl; 09/16/2019 12:07 AM.

1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Well said, Sir. And I countenance agreeably all thy provenance thus far and to wit!.

To Jim I say this ... Tho thy brotherly one-ton love do weigh heavily upon my heart, I do heartily embrace and warmly scoop up the gauntlet thrust down at my feet thusly! Yes Sir, I do accept the challenge! And the fight, as it were, be on! If ye shall essay to defend thy brother so boldly, then pray Sir, let me equally boldly and with equal honor stand forth to firmly defend the honor of our so august assemblage! It is with great honor, but yet little joy, that I stand forth to draw my sword (in manner of speaking ..) against so beloved a brother, yet honor demands no less.

Never the less, be ye certain that in all things important and sincere, I hold you true as the Brother thou certainly are, in all verity, to me. It brings me no joy, I assure you, to face the certainty that I will destroy you in the proceedings to follow.

In brotherly love,
J. Crosby Milliman, Esq, etc

Last edited by John Milliman; 09/16/2019 1:38 AM. Reason: Correct the spelling of my own name ... :)

~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Watch it Boys and Girls!
You keep talking like this and this and this Ozark Grey Beard, may just show up at your little cityfied party!

The F-250 is full of rocks and ready to roll!
If Tim shows up from down under? The game is on!!!!!! chug shake nanner nanner nanner nanner [elvis]

Don


Last edited by 2-Ton; 09/16/2019 3:54 AM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Sounds like it will be an eventful weekend have to watch proceedings from afar


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 442
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 442
Billy, from the north we will have Amtrakjoe, DJ, Pop, and Bill Stanley. Jim already counted himself and apparently initiated this diatribe of fightin’ horses with wings, gauntlets etc. etc.

I’ll have a cooler, ice, and PBR’s.

We may have one more attendee - Brady Warner, who showed up at Homecoming in 2017 I believe. Like Grigg, he squeezes Diesels under the hoods of AD’s

Look for ward to the event. Joe


1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"
Link to a few photos

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well.
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Aaah yes, I can always count on the Northern Contingent! grin


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Don't count me out yet!
I may just fire the Ford up and be there.
Load up the 65 GMC one ton and give it a one way ticket east!
Or the 57 one ton dump?

Don
Attachments
IMG_2103.JPG (52.08 KB, 89 downloads)
IMG_2102.JPG (56.31 KB, 89 downloads)


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0