The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (WarEagle1, Jon G, Gray_Ghost), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,102
Posts1,056,184
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#132314 02/10/2005 9:18 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 299
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 299
I have a 53 AD, does anyone know if a pass car hub of the same year will simply fit on,or do I need a kit?

#132315 02/10/2005 11:17 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
My 54 has a 1968 impala rear end and 54 chevy car hubs drums. They not only fit but look way cool. Mine are 15's and barely hit the tie rod when fully turned one way or the other. I just don't make any tight circle turns.


53 3100
1929 Ford Roadster Pickup
1934 Ford Pickup
68 Plymouth Satellite RR Clone 2 Door
My Fleet
#132316 02/10/2005 11:18 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162


53 3100
1929 Ford Roadster Pickup
1934 Ford Pickup
68 Plymouth Satellite RR Clone 2 Door
My Fleet
#132317 02/11/2005 8:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 299
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 299
Thanks a lot, I was considering other alternatives, but this makes the conversion almost too simple.I tried a 57 car hub and the bearings didn't fit.I have however tried 57 drums by themselves on a 53 car and they seemed to fit.I also interchanged 62 drums with onto a 57 car, also a match.

#132318 02/14/2005 5:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 506
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 506
The Corvette Rally 15x8's fit fine. And there is no clearance problems with the old type tie rods. Perfect. Try that with a Ford.

"This liberty will look easy by i by when nobody dies to get it"


"Drugs are money, money is power, power is security." - Kent Heiner
Nedrow population 2212
Carbon footprint family of 2/11 tonnes of CO2/yr
#132319 02/14/2005 9:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
I think the Corvette rallies look good on just about anything.Soon as I get my rear axles converted to 5 lug on my 55 2nd I will put a set on it.

#132320 02/16/2005 9:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 299
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 299
For the rear end I used one out of a 76 -442 oldsie.It was free and the width was virtually identical to my old 53 rear diff. It cost me $28.00 plus gas and tax for the entire conversion from the time I rolled the dinasaur out from under my truck till I bolted the Rally wheels on.:-) grin


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0