Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 | The drivers side rear spring shackle mounting bracket has broken on my 1952 1/2 Chevy truck. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I just checked ebay and didn’t see any. I checked a couple vendors websites and struck out there also. Thanks Don
My dad always told me, "Don't force it, get a bigger hammer".
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Is the part displayed on this page: Classic Parts - chassis parts? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 |
Last edited by WE b OLD; 08/08/2019 9:01 PM.
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Nice parts-diagram link, Ron
I am going to also use/post diagrams from LMC's catalog in future posts.
They deserve the free advertising, showing such clear photos. | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 | I looked at the classics parts catalog and they do not sell the part I need. The LMC catalog does show a picture of my part but it’s greyed out and doesn’t have a part number. I called them and they verified they do not sell the part. I followed the link to Mongo’s website and left him a message. Thanks for the suggestions. I’m afraid an old truck junkyard is going to be my only option. Does anyone know of one?
My dad always told me, "Don't force it, get a bigger hammer".
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 | I am embarrassed to say but all the stuff I took off my 54 could have gone to a good home if I had known. All but the frame has been changed. In my defense, I did not know about this site. If there are weekly meet and greets near you check in with those guys, oops and gals. Maybe this will help.
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 4,482 AD Addict & Tinkerer | | AD Addict & Tinkerer Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 4,482 | You could check with Adler Antique Auto Parts. I’m sure Bob will have the part and he will ship it to you. http://www.adlersantiqueautos.com/ He responds best with an email.
Last edited by Phak1; 08/09/2019 12:47 PM.
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc BrakesProject JournalsStovebolt Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Nov 2018 Posts: 122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2018 Posts: 122 | The drivers side rear spring shackle mounting bracket has broken on my 1952 1/2 Chevy truck. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Thanks Don Don - are you talking about the bracket on the forward end of the rear spring, attaching to the frame? If so, I may have one. Will check the condition of it and post a pic.
Charlie
'51 3100 5-Window (Restomod in progress)
| | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 | Charlie, Yes, that’s the part I need. Thanks, Don
My dad always told me, "Don't force it, get a bigger hammer".
| | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 | Guys, I need to apologize. I DO NOT need this part. I’m not sure how I got so confused when I glanced under my truck in the Walmart parking lot, but it is the back end of my rear spring that is broken. And it is the spring shackle that broke, not the bracket. I’m so sorry for wasting everyone’s time. But I’m thankful I just have to replace the spring shackle and not the bracket. I will contact Mongo and apologize to him too.
Don
My dad always told me, "Don't force it, get a bigger hammer".
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Welcome to the State of Confusion. Lots of us live here! 
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 4,482 AD Addict & Tinkerer | | AD Addict & Tinkerer Joined: Feb 2019 Posts: 4,482 | I just replaced both shackle assembly’s on my 52’ 1/2 ton. They are available at Classic Parts, LMC or other online retailers. The hardest part is removal and replacing the bushings in the springs. I made a home made tool I copied from chev235guy. Worked like a charm! http://chev235guy.blogspot.com/search/label/Spring%20Shackle%20Bushing%20Replacement
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc BrakesProject JournalsStovebolt Gallery Forum | | |
| |