While up in Skagway, Alaska, I saw this 51 which has what I call J hooks attached to it's tailgate, but what I define as being upside down, with the hooks on the bottom, pointing upward. Per this pic, what do you suppose the owner would haul using these hooks in this position?
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Maybe he’s a fisherman and weaves a wooden rod through one end of his net and then puts the rod in the two hooks, then stretches the net with the truck so he can make repairs on the net? Or maybe it’s a gun rack??
Chuck 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original) 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod) 1941 Chevy coupe 1938 Chevy coupe streetrod
Maybe it was to hang a sign, you did say it belonged to an Antique Shop ????
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
I thought maybe they tow....after a couple drinks.... a sleigh, full of in-laws, behind the truck...........yeah, right!
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Just got an email from the owner who said they already got the truck with those hooks in place, back in '63 & never knew the purpose of them.
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Just got an email from the owner who said they already got the truck with those hooks in place, back in '63 & never knew the purpose of them.
Originally Posted by 52Carl
So, I was right! Carl
"Maybe he pulled a "Carl" and put them on upside down by mistake." "Or, it could be for dragging people by their boot strings for asking one too many questions."
Which one was/is right?
I still like TUTS 59's suggestion:
Originally Posted by TUTS 59
Maybe it was to hang a sign, you did say it belonged to an Antique Shop ????
"Maybe he pulled a "Carl" and put them on upside down by mistake." "Or, it could be for dragging people by their boot strings for asking one too many questions."
Which one was/is right?
Yes.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission