The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, Simso, Roy Rodgers, Gray_Ghost), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
On my '51 - 3100, I need to remove the clutch/brake pedal shaft from the pedal bracket so I can lathe skim cut the pedal shaft. The new pedal bushings I bought in the rebuild kit are too tight on the shaft and the shaft needs to be dressed up as well. Has anyone removed the pedal shaft from the bracket? It does not appear to be threaded in. I tried pressing it out, even with heat, and it did not budge. Any suggestions??


Charlie

'51 3100 5-Window (Restomod in progress)
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
When I did mine I got the same bushings that are to small ,I guess they allow for the shaft wear and they have to be machined I tried a brake hone and wore it out ended up using emery cloth wrapped around a socket took all day the shaft I could not budge ,I got the nut off that goes through the frame but it would not move and you could not see what was holding it as it goes through the master cylinder bracket


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
Kevinski - Thanks for the info, but I do not want to machine the i.d. of the bushings as they have a thin wall already. Plus, the shaft o.d. is uneven and needs to be skim cut on a lathe.


Charlie

'51 3100 5-Window (Restomod in progress)

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0