| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Bill Hanlon),
138
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,288 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 96 | I was doing some reading up on Smithy's and I have just one concern. First, I understand that the note these mufflers put out is much admired, but it appears that you can only find them with a 2" inlet. With a Fenton dual intake/header setup, will this prove to be restrictive on my engine? Will I be better served to go with a universel fit muffler like Dynomax or Magnaflow? I have a 261 and it will have the Howard's M4F cam from Patrick's in it, if that makes a difference. I am close to having it ready to go in my truck. Thanks for the input.
Whad you do?!?
Shane 1953 Chevrolet 3600
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | Part of their distinctive sound comes from the 2" diameter, tone changes w/diff diameters. I don't think 2-2 inch pipes will be much restriction for that size engine. Brian | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 | I love my dual Smithy's. With the pipes out of the rear they are almost too quiet. I got the longest ones there are.
54 3100 with 235 62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | I have them on my 52 with a 235, fenton headers, m-4 cam, etc,, I love em, some have said that they sound real good.....Fred Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 96 | Sound advice...I'm inclined to go the Smitty route...in fact, I WILL go the Smitty route. One more question, is an 'h' pipe necessary to tune the exhaust or not? I was thinking of running the two pipes from the headers side-by-side into two Smittys or would it be better to collect into one main pipe and then into one Smitty. Seems like the second would be more restrictive but eliminate the tuning issue if there is one. Thanks. Any recommendations on who sells the cheapest Smittys?
Whad you do?!?
Shane 1953 Chevrolet 3600
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 96 |
Whad you do?!?
Shane 1953 Chevrolet 3600
| | |
| |
| |