The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Joe H, Otto Skorzeny, Phak1, 1955 1 Series, 68ironhead, mick53), 94 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1316073 06/30/2019 3:30 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 124
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 124
I was thinking of going to a 292 exhaust manifold and a bigger pipe on my 250 when I rebuild it. How would this compare with fenton headers and dual pipes? It would be cheaper and easier but is there a downside? Would it be compatible with my stock intake? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Gene


Gene
1959 Apache
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
I believe the 292 exhaust manifold is larger. It should match your stock intake manifold. If it's larger it may make some difference from the original manifold, though I doubt you would notice it. You could have your exhaust shop split the pipe with a y and have two pipes at the rear of the truck. I have the fentons on my 261, They don't fit without some grinding and some modification to the clamps that hold it and the intake together.I do at times think about putting the original manifold back on the truck.


Tommy
59 apache 1/2t
261 short stepside
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
The light duty 1/2to 1 ton 250 & 292 use the same size manifolds. The larger truck 292 engines have a larger outlet & it points straight down. It will improve the performance of the 250 but they are hard to find. They have a 2 1/2 in. outlet.
George


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 124
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 124
Thanks for the replies. If I come across one cheap, I will probably get it. I can't hurt but I won't worry about it too much if I can't find one.
Thanks again ,
Gene


Gene
1959 Apache

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0