Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,375 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 21 | Did a **** Maverick have a Mustang II suspension? I found one I could probably have for free but I need to know if it did or not. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 613 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 613 | no,a maverick has shock towers and can't be swapped.the upper control arms are hooked to the body.but if the rearend is five lug,its a very narrow eight inch and valueable.56.5"wide. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 21 | Thanks, I will have to see if I can get that rear end. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 23 Member | | Member Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 23 | Anti-Bling, where at in ND do you live?
and what type of old pickup do you have?
Drew
55 2 dr 210- after college project 56 2 dr 210- after '55 project "D'oh"
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 21 | I live north of Jamestown in Pingree. I got a '49 3600 that I am gonna work on putting it on air ride this winter and get a newer motor in it for next summer. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 | I don't understand why the f88d parts.It's a chevy.Keep it chevy.The mustang IFS on a 3600 I would say is tooo light even for a 3100.also set toooo low draging the front end every chance, needs casters.A Camaro clip at a bone yard is around 50bucks and stronger.Stay with CHEVY if it's a CHEVY.Parts are every where cheap. 
dan-pa
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 22 Member | | Member Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 22 | From what I understand, the new mustang II IFS systems are based on the design of the original, not a copy. The original parts are not strong enough, and are too dangerous to swap.
That's why they sell them in the aftermarket for specific applications. They aren't the same.
If you don't want to sub-it, you should be able to find the proper kit for your application.
my two cents.
Semper Fi
JAKE
1949 Chevy Styleline Coupe CARBOLT
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 21 | Its the HIPO forum, this is going to be my hotrod, I already got a 90 GMC K1500 for my pickup needs. My plan is to put it on air ride.
As far as the junkyard parts, all I was really looking for was the a-arms mainly, since I was planning on going with a crosmember designed for my pickup and a drop spindle and such. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 | Stock MII a-arms require strut rods that can cause packaging and performance issues. Especially if you're bagging it, I'd consider the tubular aftermarket a-arms that require no strut rod. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 127 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 127 | anti-bling, no one says you can't have air on a straight-axle. You won't find a kit though but that is why it is called customizing If you want some ideas on how I plan to do my truck let me know. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 21 | 41chevytrucker, I had considered doing that, but then I would have to find a 1/2 ton front axle, and then disc brake kits and such so its just a better choice for me to go with a MII front suspension. | | |
| |