The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (mick53, Peggy M, Southerntruck, Gdads51, LAROKE, NJC, 68ironhead, dt235sd, GMCJammer51), 158 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,393
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131522 10/05/2003 7:34 PM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
Did a **** Maverick have a Mustang II suspension? I found one I could probably have for free but I need to know if it did or not.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
no,a maverick has shock towers and can't be swapped.the upper control arms are hooked to the body.but if the rearend is five lug,its a very narrow eight inch and valueable.56.5"wide.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
Thanks, I will have to see if I can get that rear end.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 23
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 23
Anti-Bling, where at in ND do you live?

and what type of old pickup do you have?

Drew


55 2 dr 210- after college project
56 2 dr 210- after '55 project
"D'oh"
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
I live north of Jamestown in Pingree. I got a '49 3600 that I am gonna work on putting it on air ride this winter and get a newer motor in it for next summer.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
I don't understand why the f88d parts.It's a chevy.Keep it chevy.The mustang IFS on a 3600 I would say is tooo light even for a 3100.also set toooo low draging the front end every chance, needs casters.A Camaro clip at a bone yard is around 50bucks and stronger.Stay with CHEVY if it's a CHEVY.Parts are every where cheap. cool


dan-pa
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 22
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 22
From what I understand, the new mustang II IFS systems are based on the design of the original, not a copy. The original parts are not strong enough, and are too dangerous to swap.

That's why they sell them in the aftermarket for specific applications. They aren't the same.

If you don't want to sub-it, you should be able to find the proper kit for your application.

my two cents.

Semper Fi


JAKE

1949 Chevy Styleline Coupe
CARBOLT
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
Its the HIPO forum, this is going to be my hotrod, I already got a 90 GMC K1500 for my pickup needs. My plan is to put it on air ride.

As far as the junkyard parts, all I was really looking for was the a-arms mainly, since I was planning on going with a crosmember designed for my pickup and a drop spindle and such.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
Stock MII a-arms require strut rods that can cause packaging and performance issues. Especially if you're bagging it, I'd consider the tubular aftermarket a-arms that require no strut rod.

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
anti-bling, no one says you can't have air on a straight-axle. You won't find a kit though but that is why it is called customizing grin

If you want some ideas on how I plan to do my truck let me know.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
41chevytrucker, I had considered doing that, but then I would have to find a 1/2 ton front axle, and then disc brake kits and such so its just a better choice for me to go with a MII front suspension.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0