The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Peggy M), 95 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,182
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Gentlemen,

I am in the process of procuring items to assemble a windshield for a Deco style truck. A cursory internet search reveals perhaps a couple of reproduction variants of the V-bars. This is the part that slips into each side of the windshield channel to join the assembly together. One version looks to have a slot cut in the middle that appears to be an engineered defect as it seems as though it will eventually lead to cracking? Has anyone bought/installed these lately, and do they fit correctly in respect to angle and size?

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing your experiences.

Paul


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Paul,
I used the connectors from Jim Carter. The angle was correct and fit very nicely. Even had the screws included.
I paid $32 (inc. postage) but I see the price has dropped.

1939-1946 Windshield V Bars Chevrolet and GMC Pickup Truck
Item # WI141
In Stock - Ready To Ship
$28.75 Sale:$23.00 PAIR


As a side note I bought the Division Bar WVT39 from American Classic. At the time it was $69 inc postage. I see it is also on sale for $43.
I can't win them all!


Harold

Last edited by Harold46; 06/14/2019 9:35 PM.

Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Thanks for your input Harold, it is appreciated.


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0