The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (tclederman, greenie-reddy), 150 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,266
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1314222 06/13/2019 8:19 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
54 gmc Canadian model does the peddle shaft come out with the one nut and lock washer holding it or is there something I missed can’t see very well as it goes through the bracket that holds the master cylinder to the frame .have my new bushings in the peddle arms but they need to be honed and I would like to fit them from topside and not from under the truck .any help would be great thanks


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Don't know how it comes out, but just an FYI I clicked on your virtual garage link and it just brings me to the Stovebolt main page.

Cheers,


1953 Canadian GMC 9314 w/ (factory) Chevy 235
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
Okay thanks I work off a tablet and it’s different than adding things from a computer


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
Well I honed one bushing and man they were thick ,used a brake hone and finished with some sand paper took a few hours of messing around .i think a adjustable reamer is what I would try next time.the 2nd peddle bushing is almost done . I noticed on the shaft there was the pattern from the old bushing so I think the old bushings were moving in the peddle arms.


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
Peddles done


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,315
Here are some pics
Attachments
8C3310CE-D677-4A6A-9442-4A509F421650.jpeg (225.49 KB, 75 downloads)
Pics


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0