Wonder if it drives from either end? My guess is airport also.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
It's most likely an Air Force surplus tow rig for 1950's era big planes- - - -C-97's, B-47's, C-124's, etc. both ends would have had the same pin and ring type hitch for aircraft tow bars that attached to the nose landing gear. I wouldn't be surprised to find steerable axles on both ends, also. I saw several similar rigs during my UASF time, 1967-75., but I don't recall one with a double stovebolt cab. Moving (and stopping) big planes takes a very heavy tow vehicle. Coleman made a lot of those kinds of pieces of equipment, along with other aircraft-associated specialty rigs. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!