Some time back I mentioned I had come across a 3:90 rear end for a HO 72 and interest was expressed in seeing the No.s on it . At the time it was in my truck so was not able to see the nos. I removed it today and took pictures of the nos. but I'm not sure the pictures are good enough to read the nos.
here are the nos. On the ring gear from left to right are GM 390 c 39 -10
the pinion flange . 9848067 and the main case is 8934635.
crown gear is visibly smaller compared to the other ratios I have here , being a 5:38 and a 5:14
This rear end is not for sale , I only post this so that those interested could keep up the search, they do exist
This came out of a 1950 1 ton panel in Canada , not sure if it was what came from the factory.
Huh?! That’s bloody cool if it’s for an HO72. All those 3/4 -1ton lovers must be drooling over that.
1970 Chevrolet C10 Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny Follow the build in the Project Journal 1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually "Ole Red Girl" In the Stovebolt Gallery More pictures here 1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's Parts trucks- 1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300