| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (Ponchogl, JW51, IHPWR),
117
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,431 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2019 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2019 Posts: 3 | I have a 1951 4400, relatively all original if you don't count an old paint job. All the serial numbers date to 1951, so it's intact. My question is; why is my truck only rated at 85hp, and why is it a 216. Everything I can find lists my truck as a 235, and all 216's should have 92hp. I've read that Canadian trucks never got the 235 and they had lesser horsepower, my gauges are in miles per hour I do know that Canada switched to metric in 1971. I'm thinking I might have a Canadian truck, I did buy it in northern Minnesota. Thoughts? Thanks, B. Kelley | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Your truck falls into the Big Bolt category. We have several members that are familiar with the Canadian trucks and the engines associated with them. Someone will be along shortly.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | Joined: May 2019 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2019 Posts: 3 | Thanks. That makes sense now, the tag lists net horsepower not gross. As for the 216 being standard, you're the first one to state that and show proof. I have been wondering about that for the longest time, you've scratched my itch. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | On some years the trucks had a restricter on the intake, presumably to limit how hard they were driven. If you look at some of the horsepower curves you will see that the truck curves peak before the ones on the car engines. I have always thought that this was due to the heavier pistons in the truck engine. | | |
| |
| |