The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (HandyAndy, Peggy M, Otto Skorzeny, DadsFirstPickup, DES57, Jman, Ponchogl), 98 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,102
Posts1,056,533
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1311204 05/19/2019 11:42 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 136
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 136
A few years ago, I began work on a "resto-mod" of my Dad's 1953 3100 5-window pickup. I was making good progress until the tornado in May of 16. It sucked the truck money right out of my bank account. So the truck has pretty much just sat in the barn waiting...until this week when something happened that has got me back into the mood of working on the truck.

I found and acquired my Mom's 1957 Mercury Monterey! It is THE car, confirmed by the serial number from a old 1970 registration receipt that was in my Dad's files. It still has the 1970 front license plate that is the plate number on the receipt. The story goes that it stopped running and was parked in a shed that belonged to a local "old car hoarder" and sat there until he passed away a few years ago. His widow sold the property, so all the cars were moved to a pasture. I saw a car out there that brought back memories of the old MERC, so I did some checking and on Friday, brought the car back home.

MERC is now with her old friend 5-Window. They seem to be happy being back together.

I have got to get the truck finished so I can start on the car! Anyone know the next winning lotto numbers?


'53 3100 5-window
'57 Mercury Monterey 2-Door Sedan
Tim H
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Here’s what AChipmonk tells everyone. “Fifteen minutes a day” every day you can and it will get done. Buying parts requires a bit of creativity and sometimes a bit of sacrifice. If you want it bad enough you’ll find a way.🛠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,518
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,518
Tim, that is such good luck and a great story.
I bet this has really made you happy.


1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done
In the DITY Gallery
Video of the 261 running

1964 GMC 1000
305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0