| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,135 Posts1,056,418 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2017 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2017 Posts: 308 | I have a leak under the frame on a flex line. Was there a pet-cock under the gas tank? The flex line is about 10 inches long-then all metal to fuel pump. looked in section 6 and 8 in 48-53 shop manual--what am I missing--Thanks Bill | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | "Was there a pet-cock under the gas tank?" (1951 regular cab truck?) Here are cut-off parts for your year truck. These go into the outlet hole in the bottom of the tank. Wait to hear from others about those parts (I think my 1954 tanks are different, even though that listing says 49-54).
Last edited by tclederman; 05/12/2019 5:04 PM. Reason: added clarification
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,841 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,841 | Is your flex line connected directly to the bottom of the tank? Meaning no pet-cock? I would install one if not. Much easier to replace the rubber flex line with one in place.
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2017 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2017 Posts: 308 | The flex fuel line is after what I think is a pet-cock. Found the FFL on classic parts site, the leak is in the middle of the flex fuel Line. Will get under later today and hopefully shut it off.Thank You Bill | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 109 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 109 | I have a factory tank that has the pet cock as well. There is a o ring that may be running down to look as if its a leaky line.
| | |
| |
| |