The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Danielbolt, Steelonsteel), 82 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,492
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1308866 04/29/2019 1:50 AM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406

12 1/2 hours after leaving a great Homecoming event and after taking a number of short cuts that extended my trip by at least 1 hour ,I made it home .

I thought perhaps the truck would run a little easier north bound. as I had unloaded a fair bit of weight in the form of truck parts at the event, but it turns out my gvw. north bound was equal to my gvw. south bound due mainly to the fine and abundant food that was served .

I just have to say , these stovebolters sure know how to make a fellow feel welcome. I'd like to thank the Mullens who hosted the event and the numerous others that were involved for making this past weekend special , it was certainly worth a little driving !

John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 443
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 443
Glad to hear John. Great seeing you. Is it snowing up there ? The heat kicked on in Philadelphia this morning - a crisp 41 F.


1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"
Link to a few photos

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well.
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406

I'm not saying it was cold , but the first thing I did on arrival was to go to the basement and hug my furnace!!

When driving over the peace bridge I noticed there was still a fair bit of ice flowing under it.

Hopefully the weather will warm up before the Winchester event .

John



good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Our long distance award winner driving an antique truck,

Great seeing you again John!

Best regards,


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,606
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,606
Tim and I are settled in Missouri. 2245 miles since last Friday.
He flys out Wednesday afternoon.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Nearly home at DON KINGs safe and sound in Missouri safe travels


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
John, glad you made it home safe and sound.
Tim, great to see you. Safe travels back home.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 443
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 443
Tim - safe travels and thanks for picking up the camera and taking some shots. Milliman used to do that when I put it down. Great seeing you, Joe


1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"
Link to a few photos

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
[align:left][/align]John

Glad to see you made it home without incident. Thanks again to traveling so far to spend time with us. Hope to see you again soon!


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0