| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51),
130
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,267 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 149 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 149 | I got my MII in for my '49 Chevy truck. I need to set my front to rear stance in the frame. How much highter should I set the rear in relation to the front to give it a nice rake stance. The only thing I have on the frame is the cab, and its comming off tomarrow. Thanks you your in put! 
"Finish the thing, do it right the first time, and drive the S.O.B.!"
1949 Chevy half ton 3100 In a kazillion pieces 2000 GMC Serria 1500 SL 4x4
| | | | | Joined: May 2002 Posts: 20 Member | | Member Joined: May 2002 Posts: 20 | I would say the body parts and the engine must be in the truck to compress the suspension, see how it looks before you adjust the stance.The actual rake is a personal taste and the rake will affect the castor, don't rake it beyond the limits of the suspension design.Is the Mustang 2 front suspension off a car or an after market kit?That is, do you have to take into account the suspensions angles before you weld it up or does it go on only one way? In the past with old ***** , we used to mock up the car before doing any permanent welding.Of course the parts were different but the approach was the same as today.
Porky Pig is just a ham.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 149 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 149 | Its a kit from TCI. I need to set the frame at the stance I want on the jack stands to weld in the cross member correct. Just need to know how much higher the rear should be from the front for a nice looking rake. Dont want to much or to little just inbetween.
"Finish the thing, do it right the first time, and drive the S.O.B.!"
1949 Chevy half ton 3100 In a kazillion pieces 2000 GMC Serria 1500 SL 4x4
| | | | | Joined: May 2002 Posts: 20 Member | | Member Joined: May 2002 Posts: 20 | An inch and a half sounds like a good start.I just measured my 49, it has leaves in the front ,is lowered ,and it has a inch rake .A higher rake can show off a little of the undercarrige from the rear unless the truck is very low.If you have large rear tires the rake can get cartoon looking if taken too far.
Porky Pig is just a ham.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 58 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 58 | I just finished the front end for the panel and I used a 2 inch difference front to back. Seems to be about right. Also depends on the springs you are using up there. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 40 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 40 | It also depends on the tire/wheel size front/back . also , the lower edge of the lower A arms should be about level with the bottom edge of the crossmember . this also depends on springs/weight on them. I made up a couple pieces of allthread that would take the place of the shock absorbers (with or without the springs in place) to keep the lower A arms level while mocking things up . | | |
| |
| |