The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,310
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 67
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 67
Could someone email me a picture of a 55-59 3100 Chevy truck Hydra-Matic Cross Member. Is it one short stubby mount riveted to the frame on each side with the transmission mounts bolted to the stubby mounts. Thanks [email protected]

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy mule 1951, you are correct the Hydra-Matic crossmember is a three piece unit. I do have all of the three pieces, I have incorporated the center section into my engine test stand and tied the other two elements to the stand so I can find all of it if I ever need it. I will send you a picture when I get the test stand to a place where I can take a picture.

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 67
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 67
Thanks very much. Please don’t go to any trouble. Send the pictures at your convenience. [email protected]

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,146
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,146
There are two short brackets that are riveted to the frame rails.
Then there is a center support cross member that is bolted to the two short brackets.

1955-1959 Chevrolet Truck Factory Assembly Manual --- pdf page 630 Automatic trans instruction

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
I thought I posted this info but I guess I didn't. The reason for the difference in the H-M cross-member difference is the size and weight of the transmission needed a heavier transmission with an unboltable center section to make it easier to remove the transmission from under the truck. They routed the brake crossover lines differently to run behind the transmission for the same reason.

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 67
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 67
Thanks


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0