The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, Shof, Ponchogl, Jon G), 172 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,157
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 42
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 42
I have a '61 Chevy Apache 4x4 K-10. Eventually, I would like to replace the rally wheels with something a bit better looking...(hey, i'm 16, my truck has to look good...) Unfortunately, the locking hubs have large knuckles that surround them, unlike newer vehicles today. My question is will new wheels with center caps fit over the huge hubs up front. The rally wheels fit fine, but they were made quite a while ago. I hope all this makes sense.

Matt

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
I went to the junk yard and picked up some "steel chromed" wheels off another chevy. I wire brushed them and then used some steel wool (using wd-40 the entire time) and now they look brand new.
I'm not sure what newer style wheels would fit older hubs.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0