The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (klhansen, 2-Ton, Ponchogl, 1955 1 Series, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,104
Posts1,056,201
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1300092 02/21/2019 11:54 PM
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 182
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 182
Hello fellow bolters,
I have the hood reinstalled on my 3100. It is time to latch the hood down but I am nervous about closing it right since I have read that if the hood latch and retainer don't line up that I will not be able to open the hood! Yikes!! Don't want that to happen! Any tips to keep me out of trouble?

Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
Hello Jhyp,

I saw this clip on youtube and thought it might help you? Towards the end it talks about how to align the hood latch.

Hope it helps. Good Luck!




Charlie

'51 3100 5-Window (Restomod in progress)
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Here's the words from the Service Manual for hood adjustment.

Attachments
Hood Adjustment.jpg (201.16 KB, 117 downloads)


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I had this happen last winter after I put the engine back in my 51 GMC. I was able to pop it loose from underneath with a piece of angle iron and a hammer. You can get under the front and see of you have that access too.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Jhyp #1300343 02/23/2019 10:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
I was afraid of getting my hood stuck closed too, so I put a piece of masking tape across the latch bolt hole, then a dab of grease on the point of the latch bolt. I lowered the hood down until the latch bolt left its grease mark on the tape, then I could see which way the hood latch needed to be moved to be centered.


1951 Chevy Panel Truck
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
Sounds like a great idea - I'll have to try that one!!


Charlie

'51 3100 5-Window (Restomod in progress)
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 182
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 182
Miriclepieco,
I like the grease idea. I'll try it. Tkx


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0