The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Bill Trotter, mick53, GIJOE298, Mike'sPlace, Otto Skorzeny, Hush, 1 invisible), 77 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,080
Posts1,056,288
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
At some point in my project I'm going to be in the market for disc brakes all around on my '64 C-10. Before I get out there and do all the research on my own, has anyone else done a comparison of the various kits that are available? No sense in reinventing the wheel if someone's done the legwork already.

Or for that matter, what ARE the various kits that are available? I know about the Classic Performance stuff. What else is out there? I prefer a kit over piecing it together. If it includes suspension components, so much the better as I'll be going for a 4/5 drop as well.

If I can get a fairly exhaustive list of companies offering disc brake kits, I'm willing to put together a comparison chart on my website to help others ... assuming this info isn't already out there, that is. Thanks for any info! :-)

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I used the CPP kit on my '54 GMC and was happy with it.

ECi also makes kits.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
Thanks for the feedback on CPP! As far as I can tell, ECi doesn't make a kit for my '64 -- they give up at '59, it seems. frown

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 77
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 77
try www.mpbrakes.com I have used them for 2 of my trucks, quality parts.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
Quote
Originally posted by 66/STEPSIDE:
try www.mpbrakes.com I have used them for 2 of my trucks, quality parts.
I found Master Power Brakes with a Google search a few nights back. I'm working on putting together a comparison chart of all the kits/companies I can locate, both to help me in my decision and to help others in the future. smile

Thanks,
Brent

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Brent,
I used http://www.speedwaymotors.com/ for a conversion kit for my 46 3/4 ton. Spindle machine work is required. Parts are quality and
staff helpful and knew their stuff. Reasonable
prices,

Dan

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
Quote
Originally posted by Chev4t6:
Brent,
I used http://www.speedwaymotors.com/ for a conversion kit for my 46 3/4 ton. Spindle machine work is required. Parts are quality and staff helpful and knew their stuff. Reasonable prices,

Dan
Thanks -- but it looks like they, too, cut off at '59. :\

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0