The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (1955 1 Series, Jon G, Hotrod Lincoln), 107 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,122
Posts1,056,332
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1299189 02/16/2019 10:57 AM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 293
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 293
The rear, barn door, lock on my '57 Suburban is broken: the actual latch is moving (rotating) freely, not attached anymore to the rest of the lock.
Before I try and fix my old one, I would like to know if that lock was used on another vehicle, and therefore easy to find, maybe even new?...
Thanks!


'57 Chevy Suburban; '70 Chevy Impala.
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 293
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 293
The problem is on the right-hand side door, where there is only a middle lock. The piece that actually rotates when it hits the left-hand side and holds the right-hand side door closed, is now rotating freely, it is not attached anymore to the rest of the door lock mechanism. I will try and take it off the truck and take pictures soon.
I know some Suburban-specific parts are hard to find, that is why I was hoping another vehicle used that same door lock (hence it would be easier to find!).

I am adding this a few minutes later, it looks like Classic Industries has a repro of what I need: https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1956/chevrolet/truck/parts/cx1277.html. I will have to take mine out to double-check, but that would be pretty cool!

Last edited by wave1957; 02/17/2019 12:57 PM.

'57 Chevy Suburban; '70 Chevy Impala.

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0