I've been researching this too with mixed results. I'm fairly confident that the radiator hoses are the tower type. Now the heater hoses, I've seen pics of original trucks with the wire-type constant tension on both ends but have also seen the tower type on the engine side too.
I'm gonna order both types and hopefully can decide which ones to use by the time I install them.
I have a Lembrecht Chevrolet original 1964 Chevy 1/2 ton pu with a six cylinder 230 ci motor The radiator hoses came with tower clamps. The heater hoses are as follows; The 3/4" ribbed hose with no markings has one spring clip on the heater box end and a band clamp on the water pump side. The 5/8" non-ribbed hose with GM markings in white has two spring clips. If I knew how to post pics I would!!
Posting image instructions are in the left margin of every page.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
I put the spring clips on all the hoses. I now understand why the factory or anyone else would not use them. They are a Bit*h to put on. Without the special pliers it would have never happen. I used them because after seeing what the vendors got for a set, I could buy 25 of them from McMaster-Carr for less money. I have plenty left over. If you need a few and I have the size, I’ll mail you some.