The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Deegs53, moparguy, Gray_Ghost), 52 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,700
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
My new truck finally arrived and now I'm trying to figure out just what I have. Please help identify it!

Its a Canadian built model 94-23, serial # 0942301085. Empty weight on the tag is 2605 lbs, max weight is 6000 lbs. This seems to imply its a 1-1/2 ton, but that seem like an awful lot for a long base pickup. I have a Canadian 1939 GMC shop manual that lists a 9400 series as a 3/4 ton. But this is a 1940 so I'm not sure what the 94-23 model means. I looked at the Canadian GMC serial number page on the OLDGMCTRUCKS.COM web site but that couldn't narrow it down.

Now the engine - it is stamped behind the distributor TT15949, I can see no other casting marks. The 1939 Canadian shop manual lists a 224 cu in engine for all the trucks, 9300, 9400 and up. But again, this is a 1940 so I'm not sure if this is still true. I've seen in other posts that Canadian trucks used 216s rather than 228s that American built trucks used. My id tag is somewhat damaged but I can make out most of the engine number - ...15949, so it appears I still have the original engine. But the question is - what is it, a 216, a 224 or a 228.

Help!

Thanks,
Steve


See my 1940 Canadian GMC:
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndnchf
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
test


1953 1-Ton Canadian Model 1434
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
Hi there I also have a 39 GMC truck it has a block casting # of 3835766 it is forward of the fuel pump. I can not find that any where on the net. My vin says it is a TT13226 engine, but I can not see a number on my engine behind the distributor . Also my vin is 9943500505 first 9 means 1939, next two 94 means 1 ton 35 means panel and 00505 is the # of the truck in 1939. Did you ever find out any more info on yours? Please let me know


1953 1-Ton Canadian Model 1434
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
This thread is 14 years old. The original poster has not been around in 6 years. I doubt you will get a response from him.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy trihawker, by your serial number your truck is indeed a Canadian 1939 GMC one ton panel with a 133" wheelbase and it left the factory with a Chevrolet 224 cu. in. engine. If you need more info, please ask specific questions, hope that helps.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0