| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,081 Posts1,056,319 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 13 | Hello,
I have a 69 GMC 6500 2 Ton Flatbed. The wiring is a mess due to years of hacks and workarounds. The only real difference between the cab of this truck and a 69 light duty is the 5 speed Eaton split shift. All other dash and electrical parts seem to be the same.
Anyone have experience buying a wiring harness from Painless or American Classic? They don't have the one I need for my exact truck, but wondering if anyone has gotten one and only need to do a few modifications to make it work on a similar truck like a C40 or C60?
Thank You... | | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 A teacher, but always an apprentice. | | A teacher, but always an apprentice. Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 | If I were doing what you’re doing, I would take that risk. They are so similar that the work (or modification) to use it would be minimal in my opinion.
By the way, if you pull the trigger on this, please let me know how it goes for you. I will be doing something similar in the future to a C50/60 with a suburban body! 😃 | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 | I bought a Painless harness for my panel truck. It was an 18 circuit job, that was specifically for truck applications...... meaning it had much longer wires to the front lighting and tail section. Tail section had provisions for backup lights, electric fuel pump, gas gauge , aux . lighting, etc. Your flatbed is probably a bit longer, but I ended up cutting a LOT of wire when trimmed to my application. Give them a call to ask exact length..... They make a quality product, in my opinion.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 13 | Thank you... They got back to me and said it should be good to go. If all goes as planned, I'll update. Hopefully with a pic of my truck all lit up! | | |
| |
| |