The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series), 231 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 23
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 23
I just got my 61 chev 3/4 ton back from the garage inspection, and am on the fence. Do I rebuild the front end with hard to find parts or float in something newer for power brakes/steering, etc? I'm not into restoring, just want something that works very well. If so, what years...I've read on here something will more or less bolt in, but I can't find it


1961 Chev 3/4
1977 Chev Nova
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
heamil: it all depends on what you are doing, Several companies make power disc kits for front spindles, doing my 59 soon. They got drop spindles even for your yr. more popular than 59, I just don't trust drums all the way around, we'll be pulling Harley with ours. If you need some company's name e=mail me I'll send ya the info back. Good luck popcorn
The Truth is out There (or under the rubble)

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 45
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 45
Definately put a complete x-member out of a later[1970's-80's] truck and gain the disc brakes too,a must for a daily driver.Even a 1964 setup with coil springs you can get parts all day long for,and the late ball joints go right in the control arms.Also time for a REZ power steering box adapter kit,dual circuit master cylinder. grin


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0