After searching the site unsuccessfully for an answer regarding short running boards for A.D. 3809, 4409, and 6409 Rack body truck, a member asked me the following question:
"Are the short running boards for AD rack body 3809 (1 ton), 4409 (1 1/2 ton) ,and 6409 ( 2 ton) all the same?"
Here is some information, before looking for an answer:
My guess is that they use the same running boards? What is UTIL (in Master Parts Book)? I'll look this up after I tend to my grandchildren. My guess is cab with "special bed/rear-equipment"?
They are not the same as I see the question. Here’s my answer to the same question received by PM (private messaging a moderator is not the proper way to ask a general stovebolt question, use the forum)
I’m sure the 1 ton and smaller very short running boards are different than the big trucks, having seen both side by side. The big truck boards are wider at the front fender and shorter (or taller I forgot) on the vertical part under the cab.
Thank you Tim. And thank you Mr. Grigg. I appreciate the info and the time you gentlemen spent doing the research to answer my question. My apologies for the PM. I will remember for the future, that the proper way to ask a question is thru a forum post.
No problem, Glad we could answer your question. The forum as a whole is better at answering questions (more often correct) than a given answer from any individual.