The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Forty9, CandoBrent, MikeStone1953, MickeyP, Guitplayer, 50Chevy3100), 159 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,211
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1287496 11/15/2018 1:50 AM
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
Hi all,

I'm new to this site and hopefully will be a regular participant as I am working on my long-term "retirement" project vehicle, a '51 3100 I purchased 2 years ago. I am currently tackling the rusted sheet metal in the cab in the usual areas prior to media blasting and body working. I was wondering what is the best method of surface rust removal and preservation of the insides of the cab doors? Obviously, access to the door insides is my biggest problem, unless I remove the door skins which I was not planning on. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Charlie


Charlie

'51 3100 5-Window (Restomod in progress)
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
A good sandblasting operator should be able to do a good job on the inside of the doors. You can spray the inside with Ospho to make sure that you encapsulate any rust they miss.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
Thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with Ospho but I will look into it. Finding that "good sandblasting operator" could be a problem these days!


Charlie

'51 3100 5-Window (Restomod in progress)
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
Ospho can be found at Ace Hardware in the paint section.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
Thanks! I'll have to pick up some. Once sprayed, does if have to be over coated or left as is?


Charlie

'51 3100 5-Window (Restomod in progress)
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
Follow the directions on the label.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
Thank you, I will.


Charlie

'51 3100 5-Window (Restomod in progress)

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0