| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,485 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 222 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 222 | Working on building a different rear end for a 49 3600 for better gearing. I have a Dana 70 with 3:55 gears and 32 spline axles, and a Dana 60 with 4:10 gears with 30 spline axles. I narrowed the 70 to fit the truck but couldn't find anyone to make 32 spline axles. I installed the 30 spline spider gears from the 60 into the 70 which fit perfect and had a 30 spline shaft made. Everything went together well but not installed in the truck yet. Is there any concern with this combination. What problems might I encounter? Dave | | |
| |
| |