The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible), 102 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,439
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
Just getting close to having my 50 pu on the road after several years of restoration, when I look at the rear tail light mounting they sure look easy to steal, any ideas out there how to make them more anti theft. I did see a truck in Yuma where they welded everything but I would like to avoid that, any thoughts would be appreciated.


I would rather be late 10 minutes in this life than 10 minutes early for the next

The reason my lady and I have been together so long is because of the kids. Neither one of us wanted sole custody
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Take a look at this Web Site You should find something that will do the job for you.
Harold


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
thanks Harold, its given me a few ideas,

Last edited by Rusty Rod; 10/20/2018 6:53 PM.

I would rather be late 10 minutes in this life than 10 minutes early for the next

The reason my lady and I have been together so long is because of the kids. Neither one of us wanted sole custody
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
I don't think the paranoia is justified. It's a common tail light and inexpensive to buy. I've never heard of one being stolen.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Blanch53,

Do you have hubcaps or wheel covers?
Do you have outside mirrors?
You most likely have a locking gas filler cap?

How are you "securing" those parts?

Last edited by tclederman; 10/22/2018 2:12 AM. Reason: added a question at the end of the post
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
More often than not I leave the key in my truck...


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
I am with grigg! I leave mine in the truck also. My anti theft system is the stomp started, not to mention how many of these kids today can shift on the column.

I look at it this way, if they want something, they will get it. I would rather them unbolt the brake light and cut a few wires then destroying my fender and causing more damage.

Just my thoughts,

Chris

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Originally Posted by Tiny
I don't think the paranoia is justified. It's a common tail light and inexpensive to buy. I've never heard of one being stolen.
X2


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
?
Dg


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
Once again thanks for the helpful hints, however there is the concept of hijacking a thread, some people should read about it


I would rather be late 10 minutes in this life than 10 minutes early for the next

The reason my lady and I have been together so long is because of the kids. Neither one of us wanted sole custody
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
In my 50+ years of driving these old trucks, Ive never heard of anyone stealing a taillight. ohwell
But, theres metric fasteners, Tamper proof hardware, Loc-Tite, JB- weld, or remove it and take it with you when shopping, etc...


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0