| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,417 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2017 Posts: 308 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2017 Posts: 308 | On my 49 3 window I used Boiled linseed oil on the Bed wood from Classic Parts. It stained when left out in the Rain. I just got Mar-K bedwood and plan to use Watco Exterior Wood Finish. Is this a mistake? Both trucks are garaged. Thanks Bill | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | If I remember correctly Mar-K has a comparison of different finishes somewhere on their website. Might be worth looking at.ðŸ›
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Yes, do as Martin suggestd.
Their best results were from a two/three coats of POR, followed by quality exterior semi-gloss house paint. Follow carefully the recoat instructions from POR.
I had excellent results on 18' flatbed wood. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 122 | I make wood decoys and I seal them with soar varnish before paint. Does anyone every use that on wood bed?
1951 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton (1957 235, 4 speed, 411 rear) | | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 149 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 149 | Never heard of "Soar Varnish"? Are you talking about "Spar" Varnish? | | |
| |
| |